B2B Recycling Support
How can WEEE help you?
Are you a Producer in need of
B2B Compliance support services?
Do you have commercial WEEE that needs recycling?
Are you a Producer in need of B2B Compliance support services?
Producers of Business2Business (purely commercial and professional) EEE can self-comply in Ireland and report on their own systems to manage WEEE for recovery including their in-house repair and reuse solutions. Producers have 65% WEEE collection targets and 65-85% recovery targets to achieve on this activity.
WEEE Ireland can support you in self-complying with the WEEE Regulations for the professional equipment you place on the Irish market. We can:
- Help review whether your products are professional only, dual use or household in the context of the WEEE Regulations.
- Advise and guide on preparing a B2B waste management plan for the Irish marketplace that suits your business models and customers’ needs.
- Coordinate set up with WEEELABEX certified treatment partners for quality collection and recycling of your customers’ waste.
- Help you prepare and submit your annual B2B waste management plans and reports to the EPA and validate your collection and recovery data.
Contact our compliance team on email@example.com for more information on B2B self-compliance.
Do you need a Pan European solution?
Our partner WEEE Europe can provide solutions for managing your WEEE and Waste Battery compliance obligations across Europe. Connect with firstname.lastname@example.org or ask us for more details.
Here is our quick checklist for B2B Producers with some key compliance aspects:
- Registering with the Producer Register Ltd, and reporting your monthly sales on the Irish market to the Blackbox.
- Signing up and submitting a waste management plan with the EPA through the EDEN portal.
- Ensuring your customers are aware of the systems for takeback and management of the B2B WEEE you are responsible for.
- Working with WEEELABEX certified operators (or EN Standard Equivalent) for the recovery of WEEE taken back from your customers.
- Reporting the results of your waste management activity to the EPA by January 31st each year.
WEEE Ireland can support Producers in meeting their WEEE responsibilities. Contact our compliance team on email@example.com
For full guidance and links please see here.
An end-user with commercial WEEE that needs recycling?
Click on the affiliate links below for specialist B2B recycling operators in Ireland certified to WEEELABEX treatment standards.
Note: Collection of B2B equipment is NOT free of charge to the end user as it is not covered by the household WEEE collective scheme.
KMK Metals Recycling
With 39 years’ experience in the recycling business, KMK Metals Recycling Ltd. have grown and developed to become Ireland’s industry leader in metal, waste electrical & electronic equipment (WEEE) and battery recovery and recycling.
In their role as super contractor to WEEE Ireland and the preferred WEEE recycler of Irelands leading waste management companies, KMK recycle over 70% of Irelands WEEE volumes each year and offers specialist solutions in B2B (commercial and professional) e-waste management.
KMK offer tailored collection services including Desk-Side, Pallet Service, and a Drop & Collect system through a dedicated fleet of vans and long established, dedicated WEEE and batteries logistics partners.
Wistek are a global leader in asset disposal, reuse and data destruction for the IT sector and are Ireland’s largest established provider of IT B2B WEEE management. Headquartered in Cork, with facilities worldwide including: UK, Dubai, Bangkok and US, they work with clients on continuous Improvement Programs for higher environmental performance and IT asset value recovery. This includes the WEEELABEX standards for WEEE recycling and ongoing discovery of new reuse opportunities for any waste material flows.
IT equipment is securely processed to the highest environmental standards and Wisetek operate a global zero-landfill policy. Their blue-chip client base includes world leading IT corporations, data centre service providers, large corporate and government IT users.
B2B equipment from your organisation may be eligible for reuse, repair or preparation for reuse and refurbishment. Always ensure your organisation is careful in management of end of life WEEE and EEE assets and works only with registered organisations. The Producer Register Ltd in Ireland is the registration body for preparation for reuse organisations. Contact them directly for details of preparation for reuse bodies at www.producerregister.ie.
See our Close the WEEEloop page for more information on waste prevention, reuse and preparation for reuse projects working towards a more circular economic solution to WEEE management.