WEEE Ireland is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal and company information. The information you share with WEEE Ireland allows us to provide you with the best customer experience while using our service. We are committed to protecting the privacy of all the data we collect and store and ensure that data is handled correctly and within the confines of the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
Personal Data – relates to any information or data relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, hereinafter called the “data subject”
“Personal data” means any information which relates to a living, identifiable person. It can include names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses etc but it is wider than that and includes any other information relating to that person or a combination of information which if put together, means that the person can be identified.
“Processing” covers all activities relation to the use of personal data by an organisation, from its collection through to its storage and disposal and everything in between.
“Data Subject” means the person whose personal data is being processed.
Our Principles Regarding User Privacy and Data Protection:
- We believe user privacy and data protection are human rights
- We take protection your privacy seriously, and we recognise we have a duty of care to the people and companies whose data we hold
- We will only collect and process personal data when it is absolutely necessary, and when we do, we will make it clear why we are doing so and how it will be used
- We will not send you regular email letters that you have not subscribed to – we hate spam as much as you do! We will always give you the choice to unsubscribe
- We will not share your personal information with anyone else without your permission
- We will only use your data in fulfilment of your companies’ contract with us
Cookies are simple text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. They are needed to help navigate automatic logins, password authentication, shopping cart functions, personal preference settings and a variety of other functions. Cookies make these functions smooth and hassle-free to the user.
Some cookies ensure that certain parts of the website work properly and that your user preferences remain known. By placing functional cookies, we make it easier for you to visit our website. This way, you do not need to repeatedly enter the same information when visiting our website. We may place these cookies without your consent.
Statistics & Marketing cookies
Statistics Cookies - Google Analytics
Marketing Cookies - YouTube
Marketing Cookies - Google reCAPTCHA
How do I change my cookie settings?
Click the button below to change your cookie settings.
Change cookie settings
Legal Basis for Collecting Data:
WEEE Ireland Collect your data and companies’ data in fulfilment of our contract with you. Without the collection of said data we will be unable to fulfil our contract with you. We will always endeavour to keep your data safe and not to share it with any third parties except in fulfilment of that said contract. We will only process your data in order to meet our mutual obligations under the said contract and to provide a service to you the member.
We have received your consent to manage payment fees and charges and to collect any monies due to WEEE Ireland.
We have received your consent to include you on our mailing list and list of contacts.
We have received your consent to cookies on our website.
We have received your consent when you submit producer or application forms to WEEE Ireland. We have received your details through Licences.ie
We have received your implied consent when applying for a job at WEEE Ireland.
How Long are WEEE Ireland storing your data?
WEEE Ireland will only store your data for the minimum length required and this is in line with our data retention policy (available on request).
Who WEEE Ireland share Data with:
- Payment processors engaged by us to securely store or handle payment information.
- Providers of email management and distribution tools – for example if you sign up to receive newsletters or other marketing messages, we may manage the delivery of these using a third-party email distribution tool.
- Providers of secure software packages and any other secure IT service providers used by us.
Your Legal rights and choices in connection with your data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of your data and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of your data. This enables you to ask us to correct any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove your data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your data where you have exercised you right to object to processing.
If you have any queries or requests, you can reach WEEE Ireland's Data Protection Officer (DPO) Beryl Gilmore via email at email@example.com
Changes to this Policy:
This policy is due for review in September 2022