- Under the Regulations all retailers supplying EEE and automotive and/or industrial batteries must register as a retailer with their Local Authority (€200) or with the Compliance Scheme (free of charge) responsible for their area. View Collection areas »
- Each individual retail premise must register. Retailer registration is a separate requirement to Producer registration.
- EEE and Battery Retailers have additional obligations under the WEEE and Battery regulations which can include;
- The WE’ll take it back Campaign helps retailers promote WEEE recycling in store as a service to their customers. Marketing support and collateral is available for this campaign see www.weee.ie for more details details.
- WEEE Ireland operates a direct collection service free of charge directly from retail stores and distribution hubs for WEEE and waste batteries. It is mandatory under the Regulations to hand over WEEE to the compliance Scheme in your area, please contact the collections team for more information »