Public Collection Days
WEEE Ireland organises and promotes public collection events of WEEE and waste batteries in areas which do not have convenient access to civic amenity sites. Any household item with a plug or battery will be accepted at these collection events – from large items such as fridges, dishwashers and tumble dryers, to small household items such as remote controls, electric toothbrushes and everything in between. All waste batteries will be accepted free of charge, including AA and AAA batteries, torch batteries, watch batteries, car batteries and electric fence batteries.
It’s FREE for the general public to bring any batteries or household item with a plug or a battery for recycling. This is a great chance for you to finally clean out the garage or attic.
Public Collection Days 2017
LOCAL SITE NAME
|Sat 29th April||Galway||Gort Co-Operative Livestock Mart, Ballybawn||10am – 4pm|
|Sat 6th May||Roscommon||Roscommon Arts Centre Car Park – Opposite the Livestock Mart, Roscommon Town||10am – 4pm|
|Sat 13th May||Roscommon||Church Street Car Park, Strokestown||10am – 4pm|
Examples of items that can be recycled for free include:
- All types of batteries including farm fencing, automotive and portable batteries.
- Torches, power tools and other small electrical devices.
- Large household electrical items such as fridges, freezers, washing machines and electric ovens.
- IT equipment – PCs, TVs, Monitors, phones.
- Energy Saving Bulbs and other lighting equipment.
- Along with any other household WEEE you may have.
If you miss the collection day remember that you can recycle your waste batteries and electrical waste at your local civic amenity centre, free of charge.