About WEEE Ireland
What Is WEEE Ireland All About?
- A Compliance scheme organising the environmental management of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) and waste batteries on behalf of our members.
- Our members are Producers at the top of the supply chain for the Irish Electrical and Electronic Equipment (EEE) and batteries market. Producer Obligations »
- Private limited company owned by members and operate under approval of the Minister.
- Not for profit – revenue raised by scheme solely to meet the obligations of members.
- WEEE Ireland operates under a transparent corporate governance, for details on the organisation structure and board of directors, view our WEEE Annual Report 2014 »
What Do We Do?
- Manage the collection, recovery and recycling of WEEE and waste batteries on behalf of our members.
- Develop and roll out public and trade awareness initiatives and campaigns to promote WEEE and battery recycling.
- Advise Producer members on compliance obligations under the WEEE and waste batteries Regulations »
- Work closely with Retailers, Local Authorities, other collection points and stakeholders to develop the WEEE and battery take back system in Ireland.
- Work with European colleagues in the WEEE Forum and Eucobat to share experiences, technical information and best practice in compliance scheme management on behalf of our members.
WEEE Ireland is approved by the Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government which means the scheme must report annually to the Department to help Ireland achieve the European targets for collection and recovery of WEEE and waste batteries.
WEEE Ireland Company Strategy
Deliver a pre-emanate, market leading service to manage environmental resources and deliver targets through:
- Cost effective management.
- Best in class compliance.
- Quality service to business partners.
- Support of members.
- Open transparent communications.
Producers in Ireland are required to register with the WEEE Register Society and inform them of how they are meeting their financial and take back obligations for WEEE and Waste Batteries.
Other WEEE and Battery key stakeholders in Ireland
|WEEE Register Societyemail@example.com||Producer Registration, Blackbox reporting, Scope, Reuse organisation registration|
|WEEE Blackboxfirstname.lastname@example.org||Blackbox reporting|
|Environmental Protection Agencyemail@example.com||Enforcement, licencing, guidance|
|Local Authorities||www.environ.ie/Local Authorities||Enforcement, permitting, CA sites|